I'm trying to remember all the things that have happened since I last wrote. My mom had surgery (a hysterectomy) in which a cancerous tumor was found in her fallopian tube. The surgery went well, and she seems to be recovering quite well, too. She will undergo 6 chemo treatments to make sure that all the cancerous cells are gone. The whole thing was a bit scary and difficult for me because I'm so far away. I have taken my lead from mom, though, as she seems to have a very good outlook and attitude about things. I'm grateful for my siblings and in-laws who are close by to help her. Makes me feel very guilty, though, wishing I could be there to help especially in the upcoming months.
I have also continued my triathlon training which is going well. I really enjoy the group of ladies I'm training with and enjoy the stuff I do on my own, as well. I did my first big long bike ride last Saturday...26 miles. I am doing the swimming part of a relay triathlon in July with a couple from my church. I will swim (1/3 of a mile), one will bike and the other run. Then, I plan to do the whole deal in August (1 mile swim, 15 mile bike, 4 mile run). All I care about is finishing! :)
The kids continue on with school. Our last day is a 1/2 day on June 24th. Seems long, but we had 10 snow days and we usually get out later anyway. Summer is very short in Maine and it is already getting filled up with camps, summer school, vacations, picnics, etc.
The kids actually went swimming in the lake yesterday! Very cold still, but didn't seem to phase them much. I look forward to summer days on the lake!
Well, other than that, life is just continuing on as usual. We have had a wonderful spring (although a little drier than usual) and have enjoyed being outside as much as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment