Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday Reflections

Today is Good Friday. A day to reflect and remember what Christ did for us on the cross. It seems strange to go about my day with the usual routine. It is hard for me to even begin to process the depth and scope of His great sacrifice for me. Yes, I've seen the movies portraying the crucifixtion, but to really get my human mind around that kind of sacrifice is mind boggling to me. Christian asked at breakfast this a.m., "If Jesus wouldn't have died for our sins, would we have to? Would we still be able to go to Heaven?" Despite the questions, I think he gets it! That sums it up....if He wouldn't have died for my sins, I would have to...without any hope. I'm eternally and grateful beyond words for His life given for me even when I don't deserve it (which I feel most of the time). It is a day to remember, reflect and be grateful. As sad as it is to think of what He went through on that Good Friday so many years ago, there is so much hope thinking about Easter following that dark day. That wasn't the end. He isn't in the grave any longer!!!!! HE IS ALIVE!!! PTL!!!!!!!!!!! This is a season of new life, hope, humbleness and the greatest love any will ever know.
May you have a truly blessed Good Friday and Easter remembering what He did for YOU!

No comments: